• Site Update Notice - See Details Here: https://thewaterheater.net/forum/threads/3596/

Official UK Political Megathread

NGL, sometimes I hear the way management talk about shoplifters, and wonder how close it is to their opinion of service assistants.

NGL, sometimes I hear the way management talk about shoplifters, and wonder how close it is to their opinion of service assistants.
Speaking of shoplifters.

This got posted in the CAD chat yesterday. It's a Target in LA and yes, that's underwear and socks locked up so the poors can't steal it.

rn_image_picker_lib_temp_c1f6b7bd-d579-499b-85d4-390d7f6043a7.jpg

Yeah, that's pretty normal here in California. TBH though I can't really blame them with how bad crime has gotten here, the situation is shitty for everyone.

I went shopping for underwear the other day and saw the bag had been ripped open and a pair was missing.

I was more annoyed that someone stole just one than I was about the theft itself. Now that pack is unusable dude.

Speaking of shoplifters.

This got posted in the CAD chat yesterday. It's a Target in LA and yes, that's underwear and socks locked up so the poors can't steal it.

View attachment 12300

Horrible as that looks, the alternative is the store closes down and there’s one less place for people to buy anything at all, and a bunch of people lose their jobs with it.

That level of security is possibly the lesser of two evils.

The Horizon inquiry continues:
Apparently yes, upper management did just explicitly think that a significant proportion of their staff were stealing from them. Charming.

I don't know, but I think this is just a line of defense. Note how he acknowledges knowing the statistics, but denies knowing anything else. This is crazy.

I went shopping for underwear the other day and saw the bag had been ripped open and a pair was missing.

I was more annoyed that someone stole just one than I was about the theft itself. Now that pack is unusable dude.
Why didn't you just take the ones remaining in the bag?

You can wash them later.

Right?

I mean the ones in the bag were still unused/untouched so just whatever factory crap that's on new clothes. But I didn't wanna pay full price for 80% of the contents and I've never been interested in shoplifting*

*Subject to change if I ever get super powers but that's more because I could than need to.

just because you have the ability to shoot spider webs* from your wrists doesn't mean you can shoplift.

*or fight crime while dressed as a bat
or be made of plastic
or be blind, but with the superpower to see
or be able to replicate every move that you see

Last edited:
:grin:

I mean, technically, there are shops inside

just because you have the ability to shoot spider webs* from your wrists doesn't mean you can shoplift.

*or fight crime while dressed as a bat
or be made of plastic
or be blind, but with the superpower to see
or be able to replicate every move that you see
I always assumed that the super power I'd be most likely to abuse is telekinesis. If I can levitate shit out of a store, I'm gonna.

I always assumed that the super power I'd be most likely to abuse is telekinesis. If I can levitate shit out of a store, I'm gonna.

telekinesis is the best superpower

Telechronosis laughs at your paltry powers.

is this the capacity to influence time with your thoughts?
I've never ever seen it (although my knowledge is definitely not a benchmark).

When I googled it, the only thing I came up with was the ability to see into the past.

is this the capacity to influence time with your thoughts?
I've never ever seen it (although my knowledge is definitely not a benchmark).

When I googled it, the only thing I came up with was the ability to see into the past.

I mean, I made the term up on the spot, but yeah, controlling the flow of time with your mind is pretty overpowered.

I wonder if this attempt would fare any better than the New Zealand one.

The vast majority of people I've spoken to (both smokees and non-smokers) are supportive of it. The progressive age rating is a pretty clever move.

Rees-Mog tried to spin that bullshit and that was when he was still big in the Tory party and got nowhere with it. The UK doesn't have a large cult mentality of religion like America does so I don't see this getting traction.

Oh sure someone is going to pay the tabloids to try and make this a talking point but that's just another person behind the scenes stirring the pot to try and grow the political turmoil.

Rees-Mog tried to spin that bullshit and that was when he was still big in the Tory party and got nowhere with it. The UK doesn't have a large cult mentality of religion like America does so I don't see this getting traction.

Oh sure someone is going to pay the tabloids to try and make this a talking point but that's just another person behind the scenes stirring the pot to try and grow the political turmoil.
Yeah, didn't they kick out the religious extremists? And they fled to *checks note* A........America? Did I get that right?

it's still worrisome, though. you can never exclude some of this bullshit actually catching fire.

it's still worrisome, though. you can never exclude some of this bullshit actually catching fire.
That's the thing. Forty ... hell, even five or six years ago people in the US wouldn't have thought these things would come to pass. Christofascists have been working a slow burn for a very long time to get to where we are today and they've been largely ignored or laughed at because "it could never happen here." :frown:

Back
Top Bottom