• Site Update Notice - See Details Here: https://thewaterheater.net/forum/threads/3596/

Player #7

Missing Link Legend
Reaction Score
Trophy Points
So, what do you guys think about the Saints Row game series?

I have played just about every game in the series from Saints Row 1 upto 4, Gat out of Hell, Agents of Mayhem, and the new reboot that just game out, and I really like this series. It like GTA, but way off the wall sometimes, and each game just keeps getting weirder and weirder. As for the new Reboot, while it may not be a crazy as the past games, it's still very good.

Here is the link for the above autoembedded media.

Last edited:
I liked Saints Row but it really suffered from spectacle creep, there is only so much shark jumping to be done.

So it really needed a reboot, don't know when I'll get round to it though.

I really enjoy the Saints Row series, even Gat Out of Hell, but I've not picked up the new one yet. I'm waiting for the price drop.
Having watched some people play the new one, I think it's something I'd like playing. Definitely seemed to have the right feel for a Saints Row game.

Yeah, I accidentally stumbled over SR2 back then and thought "Well that's kinda GTA, but fun", especially since it was released at the same time as GTA4, with its grey and very grey atmospheric settings and overall focus on weird "realism".

SR3 was a no-brainer then. It took what was good and fun and did more of it. No wonder it's widely considered the best one of the franchise. It really feels like they used SR2 to test the waters, saw that there was a market for this kind of game and went all in.

SR4 was "Jumping the Shark - The Game". Had some fun ideas, but there was not much more they could do to add *more* without overdoing it.

As I said in the old forums, they had written themselves into several corners, and the only way to salvage/revitalize the franchise was a reboot. Really the only possible move at this point.

I like SR2 better than 3 (haven't got around to playing later ones). I feel like they ran out of ideas after 2 and were scraping the bottom of the barrel for something to turn into a game. Steelport is boring, every neighborhood that is not downtown with skyscrapers looks the same and it takes a lot of driving to get anywhere because how it is split between islands (which wouldn't be too bad if the music wasn't meh). Another thing that I like about 2 is that we have insane player character in a (mostly) sane world (or at least somewhat relatable world). So, like GTA, but with less hypocrisy. In 3 I have the impression that the most sane character in the entire game is the player character and that misses the whole idea of the SR games. One might argue that's the point, the reversal of roles, but it is just so out of character for somebody who has essentially been Trevor from GTA5 through out the rest of the series.

Back
Top Bottom