• Site Update Notice - See Details Here: https://thewaterheater.net/forum/threads/3596/

Emotionally Bob Ross

That said, I still think I'd stick with Toyotas, even though I doubt they've ever been used as cop vehicles, for whatever reason.
For a while in the '80s and early '90s, some of the towns here used Volvos when everyone else was still using the Crown Vic.

Speaking of Toyotas, though - super excited for my youngest. He just got this. :smile:

New 2024 GR86.jpg

Last edited:
Got damn that car looks nice. I don't usually give a shit about cars but that's a sleek one.

our partners just spent 1 hour telling us that:
- we need to bill our hours more regularly and more honestly;
- we also need to pay attention to our fee quote;
- our interns and juniors are generally leaving at a non-negligeable rate (only 25% of associates remain until their 4th year), so we need to find a way to convince them to stay in the long term
- the solution is to reduce the interns that we hire and to make them bill their hourly fees as well; also the interview process will be strengthened.

I know this isn't coming from my partners per se, but from central management, but this just screams boomer, I think. Tough love, so that the youth will love us more.
this will so not work.

I think I'll go see one of my partners and suggest some stuff if there is actually any will to retain talent.
I also said during the meeting that what they said is contradictory and that limiting our interns will have an impact on our hiring strategy, so we will likely hire less "risky" candidates, which may ultimately be prejudicial for us.

Last edited:
For a while in the '80s and early '90s, some of the towns here used Volvos when everyone else was still using the Crown Vic.

Speaking of Toyotas, though - super excited for my youngest. He just got this. :smile:

View attachment 12198

Fuckin' swanky! If I had to put a confident guess on the table, I'm betting that's a new Supra. The only other "sporty" car Toyota has had recently (if you don't count the Prius revamp) was the MR2, and that ain't this. Couldn't imagine what that thing costs bein' in the driveway, but good fuckin' for 'em :smile:

Fuckin' swanky! If I had to put a confident guess on the table, I'm betting that's a new Supra. The only other "sporty" car Toyota has had recently (if you don't count the Prius revamp) was the MR2, and that ain't this. Couldn't imagine what that thing costs bein' in the driveway, but good fuckin' for 'em :smile:

It's a 2024 Toyota GR86.

ETA: I'm exceptionally proud of this achievement because he's the first of us (me, Girl Child, and him) who were part of the Struggle Bus of their lives from Day One to buy a brand new current year vehicle.

Orin & his wife have done this but I always knew they would and the jobs they have made that something achievable for them years ago.

I'm proud of all my kids but I'm so happy for him hitting this achievement.

Last edited:
My PC parts arrived early! However I should have planned accordingly and have gotten some compressed air because oh boy.

My PC parts arrived early! However I should have planned accordingly and have gotten some compressed air because oh boy.
Most supermarkets have air duster cans these days!

The PC is alive! Always a slightly terrifying experience and one minor mistake when I hadn't realised that the thermal paste was already applied to the CPU fan which I had set down while looking for the tube that I was expecting (only very minor paste disruption). And one of my case fans isn't plugged in and another one that is plugged in is making noise (I've bought a splitter for the fan and I have tightened the screws on the one making noise so I'm not sure why it's doing the unbalanced clicking but only at certain speeds).

But it is alive and operating noticeably faster. Take that chrome I have double the RAM now.

The PC is alive! Always a slightly terrifying experience and one minor mistake when I hadn't realised that the thermal paste was already applied to the CPU fan which I had set down while looking for the tube that I was expecting (only very minor paste disruption). And one of my case fans isn't plugged in and another one that is plugged in is making noise (I've bought a splitter for the fan and I have tightened the screws on the one making noise so I'm not sure why it's doing the unbalanced clicking but only at certain speeds).

But it is alive and operating noticeably faster. Take that chrome I have double the RAM now.
images

Was playing with Snapchat filters and ran across one that made me look like a girl.

First of all, damn I'm hot.

Second of all, if I transitioned today I'd never be that hot. Cruel, Snapchat.

I mean, that's what I told myself at 16, 18, 23 and 25. Turns out transitioning at 27 was just fine. :p
Transperson#4tellingmethis....

Listen, I dunno why you all want me, I was never the first pick for dodgeball lol

Seriously though I appreciate it. It's not a reality right now but if that changes maybe I will too. If I had dysphoria that'd be a different story but I'm feeling okay in my skin right now.

Was playing with Snapchat filters and ran across one that made me look like a girl.

First of all, damn I'm hot.

Second of all, if I transitioned today I'd never be that hot. Cruel, Snapchat.

Hey, I remember that filter! Man, did that ever cause some confusing feelings for some people. Might've even been worse than the first time some of us saw Lola Bunny.

If it's any consolation, I didn't even get to see if I'd be hot or not because my beard apparently derped out the algorithm. Strangely the "Chad" filter works just fine though. FYI: it's been quoted by a coworker that I would rank somewhere in the "Giga Chad" tier :grin:

Like BB said, you're never too late to be who you are. Just be prepared for me to mistakenly assume your pictures are foodstuffs if you plan on cosplaying.

19c is cold?????

Back
Top Bottom