• Posting this again since Readout asked about it today - the Train Graveyard is hidden for everyone, including admin, to clean up the front page of this forum. If you want access to see old threads you can be added.

Mass shootings and the Human shitstains who do them

Tarnagh

Eldest
Reaction Score
Trophy Points
The Parkland shitstain has been sentence FOR LIFE WITHOUT PAROLE.

Link to that for the curious (like me):

Tarnagh

Eldest
Reaction Score
Trophy Points
Looks like that wasn't the only shooting:

Two of my friends were just there a week ago...in omaha that is.

Oh, it sure wasn't. There were eight mass shootings. Yesterday. UVA shooting was #7 on that list, and #700 for the year.

ETA: Looks like the Omaha shooting was #5 for yesterday, and #698 for the year.

ETA2: Just a reminder that the link header insists on saying it's for 2021, but it really is for this year.

Last edited:

Tarnagh

Eldest
Reaction Score
Trophy Points
Six mass shootings on the 13th and then none for five days until the 18th. And then the club on the 19th. We're now at 702 mass shootings for the year and 449 since Uvalde.

Lawson

Resident Bastard
Reaction Score
Trophy Points
Not sure where this fit best. All up and down the I-5 corridor today, there have been school shooting hoaxes called in. We had at least 5 in my state, one in my county. I hear this has been going on all over the west coast, possibly nationwide.

Tarnagh

Eldest
Reaction Score
Trophy Points
Not sure where this fit best. All up and down the I-5 corridor today, there have been school shooting hoaxes called in. We had at least 5 in my state, one in my county. I hear this has been going on all over the west coast, possibly nationwide.
I remember back when my kids were still in high school there was a rash of (fake) bomb threats called in to their school - granted it was just local to here but it was happening fairly regularly.

Twenty years later (more or less), I wonder if the same sort of kids who did that would or could do something as elaborate as coordinate a multi-state hoax like this.

Of all the options, that would be the least worst I think. :frown:

Lawson

Resident Bastard
Reaction Score
Trophy Points
I remember back when my kids were still in high school there was a rash of (fake) bomb threats called in to their school - granted it was just local to here but it was happening fairly regularly.

Twenty years later (more or less), I wonder if the same sort of kids who did that would or could do something as elaborate as coordinate a multi-state hoax like this.

Of all the options, that would be the least worst I think. :frown:
The one in my county, someone called in claiming to be a teacher and said 7 students were injured and they had a long rifle. The county just north of us had a call come in just before or after with the same info.

Out here it triggered a massive response and had police from multiple agencies in the county going classroom to classroom searching, before it was clear that it was a hoax.

We had a bomb threat at my school when I was in junior high. Oddly, 2 students called in a bomb threat on the same day, both unaware of the other's. It was pretty isolated, but with social media today, it wouldn't be hard to kick off a large coordinated effort.

I've seen a couple people mention a Tiktok challenge, but I haven't seen anything concrete to confirm that.

Tarnagh

Eldest
Reaction Score
Trophy Points
The awful thing aside from the obvious? I immediately went to google to see how far away Chesapeake is from Alexandria, where my sons live. Over three hours. I immediately felt intense relief ... and then guilt.

Chesapeake makes 707 shootings so far for 2022 and 454 mass shootings since Uvalde.

xraysteve

Ascended
Reaction Score
Trophy Points
I did the same thing when I heard of the university of Virginia shooting. My brother went to a university near that one and I couldn't remember what it was called. Messaged my mom and him to make sure he was OK. Fortunately, he has been graduated for a while and lives farther away then when he was in school.
(I'm not a good brother for not remembering he had graduated...but that's a different story. :p)

Readout

Leader of the Resistance in Government
Administrator
Reaction Score
Trophy Points
The awful thing aside from the obvious? I immediately went to google to see how far away Chesapeake is from Alexandria, where my sons live. Over three hours. I immediately felt intense relief ... and then guilt.

Chesapeake makes 707 shootings so far for 2022 and 454 mass shootings since Uvalde.

I don't think that's awful or guilt worthy at all.

Dunbar numbers are a thing and it's perfectly reasonable to be happy that [specific person] is OK even when other people are not. Their suffering doesn't invalidate the fact that it's good your sons are safe.

Readout

Administrator
Reaction Score
Trophy Points

Nah, fuck that noise.

Don't let them get in your head like that. It's like Flippy (I think?) has said a few times - this isn't them winning, this is them getting desperate. They might manage to swing the pendulum back a few ticks, but the fight to keep the pivot moving in the correct direction is still ours to take.

VirlomiEntreri

Existential Fucking Crisis
Reaction Score
Trophy Points
wXefLj1.jpg

Here is the link for the above autoembedded media.

Full interview of this fucko here.

Reaction Score
Trophy Points
What an absolute waste of a fucking load the both of 'em. And of course to top it off, we were talking about this AND the Walmart shooting today and I - like several people likely have - got them slightly confused. I really hope we come back from the particular ledge where we don't know the difference between tragedies.

I second @Readout on the guilt thing. Your instinctual reaction was the one that happened on its own. I mean maybe if you popped over to Google maps and tried mathing out the distance after knowing it just to feed catharsis, maybe.

If it helps lighten yours and the general mood around here: a few months ago I was looking at places around the Maryland area. Saw a really nice house that was in an unfamiliar place, and so I went to aforementioned Google Maps. After seeing a bunch of fun stores that are relevant to my interests, I happened to notice Baltimore was existing on the same screen. Turns out from this particular area it was about 40 minutes. NOT instinctively I shouted, "Hun!? How close to Baltimore is too close? 40 minutes okay?"

TL;DR - if you ever start feeling down about a bad situation, remember the time some asshole in a forum tried to measure a property bubble.

*McKay*

Grand Master
Reaction Score
Trophy Points
I've read that the Colorado Shooter's lawyers are trying to say he's non-binary, i suppose so the shooting can't be seen as a hate crime.

BisectedBrioche

Bread Lesbiab
Reaction Score
Trophy Points
Which wouldn't make sense, because hate crimes about who you do them to (although bigots do struggle with understanding this).

To me this seems like the same thing as when transphobes put clearly fake pronouns in their bios to take the michael.

BisectedBrioche

Bread Lesbiab
Reaction Score
Trophy Points
Nah, fuck that noise.

Don't let them get in your head like that. It's like Flippy (I think?) has said a few times - this isn't them winning, this is them getting desperate. They might manage to swing the pendulum back a few ticks, but the fight to keep the pivot moving in the correct direction is still ours to take.

Them getting in my head is exactly what I'm worried about. That is to say even if we "win" (whatever victory conditions for trans acceptance look like), it won't change anything if someone decides to crack my head open for being an out trans woman at my work.

witsd

Reaction Score
Trophy Points
Which wouldn't make sense, because hate crimes about who you do them to (although bigots do struggle with understanding this).

To me this seems like the same thing as when transphobes put clearly fake pronouns in their bios to take the michael.

But it's completely impossible to be racist if you are black!

*McKay*

Grand Master
Reaction Score
Trophy Points

It absolutely doesn't make sense but you know how the right wingers are; gotta make the LGBQ+ the baddies.

VirlomiEntreri

Existential Fucking Crisis
Reaction Score
Trophy Points

But it's completely impossible to be racist if you are black!

Pretty much this. Somehow in the US, it's become a thing that you can't be committing a hate crime against something if you're part of that something. Be it being black, latino, gay, trans, use different pronouns, etc.

Readout

Administrator
Reaction Score
Trophy Points
Them getting in my head is exactly what I'm worried about. That is to say even if we "win" (whatever victory conditions for trans acceptance look like), it won't change anything if someone decides to crack my head open for being an out trans woman at my work.

I get that. And I don't have a good response to it, other than the endearing heart reaction. There's nothing that I can say, not really.

It's easy for me to say "Don't let them get into your head." I don't have to worry about being targeted in the same way that you do. But I desperately hope that it won't ever happen to you. Hell, I desperately hope that it won't happen to anybody. But I don't know any way to deal, other than to say "Fuck them, fuck that noise, let's beat them back and watch as their shitty, bigoted views fade away until they're gone. Let's make it so that nobody ever again has to worry the way that you're worrying."

And the sooner it happens, the fewer people they can hurt during their last pathetic death throes, the better.

Last edited:

Presea

Ascended
Reaction Score
Trophy Points
An El Paso County judge on Thursday unsealed a dropped 2021 criminal case against the Club Q mass shooting suspect in which the suspect allegedly threatened to become “the next mass killer.”

The 2021 case against Anderson Lee Aldrich, 22, was made secret after the charges were dropped and court filings have been kept sealed since, even though Aldrich now stands accused of carrying out a mass shooting at Club Q, an LGBTQ bar in Colorado Springs. Five people were killed and another 22 injured, 17 by gunfire.

Despite the secrecy, court documents detailing the June 2021 incident have leaked through unofficial channels. In the records, law enforcement officials allege Aldrich threatened to blow up a home and become the “next mass killer.” Aldrich is non-binary and uses they/them pronouns, according to their attorneys in the Club Q case.

Top Bottom