• Site Update Notice - See Details Here: https://thewaterheater.net/forum/threads/3596/
Does this mean they've written Melvin Potter out? That's a shame if so.

I would wait for next episode before any assumptions like that. Could be he just needed a suit in LA. Maybe Potter was the one who referred him. With how many callbacks and how referential the show has been, I would be pretty shocked if they don't address it.

I would wait for next episode before any assumptions like that. Could be he just needed a suit in LA. Maybe Potter was the one who referred him. With how many callbacks and how referential the show has been, I would be pretty shocked if they don't address it.

Next episode did not help so much :grin:

Black Panther 2 and Deadpool 3 are the only Marvel projects that I'm currently interested in. After recent reports regarding Blade, Marvel is not really in a great place right now. Too much stuff in the works and Kevin Feige being stretched to his absolute limits. They're starting to make the same mistakes that Warner Bros has been making with the DCEU.

Black Panther 2 and Deadpool 3 are the only Marvel projects that I'm currently interested in. After recent reports regarding Blade, Marvel is not really in a great place right now. Too much stuff in the works and Kevin Feige being stretched to his absolute limits. They're starting to make the same mistakes that Warner Bros has been making with the DCEU.

You seem to put an awful lot of energy into complaining about the MCU recently.

You seem to put an awful lot of energy into complaining about the MCU recently.
That's because I'm a fan. I want to stay a fan, but Marvel's doing everything they can to keep that from happening. I've loved the MCU since Iron Man came out. The movies leading up to Infinity War and Endgame were mostly great, with a few being merely okay. There was focus in the first 24 movies. There's no focus with Phase 4. The Disney Plus shows are not that great, and at least a third of the movies that have come out since the beginning of Phase 4 have been less than mediocre. Disney and Marvel have been making some really bone-headed decisions since Chapek became Disney's CEO, and I wish they would stop. I wish they would pull back. I'm not going to apologize for calling out Marvel for their bad decisions. I'll sing their praises from the mountains when they do something great like Shang-Chi or Spider-Man: No Way Home, but I'm willing to nail them to the wall for crap like Black Widow and Thor: Love and Thunder.

Well, I think you need to make a decision then.

Personally, I don't give a shit what 'phase' it's supposed to be, and I've been enjoying each show on it's own merits. I didn't bother watching Morbeus, and so far I've really enjoyed everything aside from Thor 4.

Enjoy it if you want to, and quit if you've had enough.

Sony really got people with their Marvel deal. Allow McGuire and Garfield Spider-Men in an MCU movie as well as a visit from Hardy's Venom. Then emphasize the Marvel connection while advertising Morbius despite it being made by Sony and not really part of the MCU.

As for poor Marvel movies, I don't think they've been any worse than the first two Thor movies, Age of Ultron, or Iron Man 3. Not good but decent popcorn flicks. Plus some of those have had the benefit of being somewhat redeemed with later projects. Can't all be winners really.

I preferred IM3 to IM2. It was kinda interesting.

Well tastes differ but all of the D+ shows were solid. I enjoyed Black Widow for what it is too.

I'll keep it with what Kris said, I just... like to enjoy things. Sure there's things I like less, like the Eternals movie (yeah I know most of you lot liked it), and I like to voice my criticism too, sometimes too loudly, but I'm not going to let this ruin anything for me. Especially because most of my grief comes from the marketing aspects, and less the media itself.

I mean yeah I'm not as invested as I was in the past, but... maybe that's a good thing.

The MCU has always had its issues, and it's still a Hollywood product with the main goal of printing money, but I mean sure it's up to you where to draw the line.

Last edited:
... Am I the only one who really enjoyed love and thunder? Yall make me sad. I got screaming goat plushies.

Love and Thunder > Ragnarok and I'll die on that hill.

As for Phase 4 as a whole I rank it like this:

• Black Widow = Meh, it was ok but without changing it could have been a much better movie, make Taskmaster the actual big bad for starters.
  • Shang-Chi = Ok, neat fight scenes but I felt kind of lost throughout it.
  • Eternals = Haven't watched yet.
  • No Way Home = Loved it
  • MoM = Overall I enjoyed it, but it could have been tightened in a few places
  • Love and Thunder = Very good.

For the D+ shows

Well, it's more complicated as I firmly believe the D+ shows are making a sin in being related to the movies when they should be supplementary material but here it goes:
  • Wandavision: Loved the concept, loved the execution, hate that it directly led to MoM
  • Falcon and the Winter Soldier: Waaaay too much stuff going on in there, should have kept it to just one of the plots. Though Walker's actor did a stellar job.
  • Loki: Went way too fast, I think they went through 2 seasons worth of story in 1 season, please, please don't make it mandatory to watch this before Quantumania and the upcoming Avengers movie.
  • Hawkeye: Good simple fun, though again that very light hint at Thunderbolts is ugh...
  • Moon Knight: Haven't watched. yet.
  • Mr. Marvel: Haven't watched yet.
  • She-Hulk: Barring the CGI devolving at times into PS3/4 graphics, it's a fun ride throughout so far.

I'm pretty sure it's the mouse dictating that everything has to be related but I think it's time the titles, especially the D+ ones are more of a standalone release and fun cameos if they do show up to the movies.

... Am I the only one who really enjoyed love and thunder? Yall make me sad. I got screaming goat plushies.

Haven't watched it yet either because I still haven't decided which TV to buy (and at this point I'll probably wait for Black Friday season anyway) but I am prepared to like it

I'm pretty sure it's the mouse dictating that everything has to be related but I think it's time the titles, especially the D+ ones are more of a standalone release and fun cameos if they do show up to the movies.

If everything is *MUST WATCH* then nothing is. When there's like 6 or something *MUST WATCH* pieces of media coming over the course of 12 months for this franchise alone, then you don't only lose my hype and my focus, that's also where the downgrade in production quality comes in. No wonder animators are overworked (and underpaid). Especially with all the other *MUST WATCH* franchises Disney is milking.

Last edited:

Bits of it were really funny, certainly, but the way they were juxtaposed with DYING OF CANCER scenes, not just once but what, 5 or 6 times? That made it impossible for me to relax and enjoy the humour.

I also couldn't really accept the Deus Ex Machina of Thor conferring his power onto the children.

Last edited:
Bits of it were really funny, certainly, but the way they were juxtaposed with DYING OF CANCER scenes, not just once but what, 5 or 6 times? That made it impossible for me to relax and enjoy the humour.

I also couldn't really accept the Deus Ex Machina of Thor conferring his power onto the children.
Okay yeah valid points.

This is what got Mrs Seige interested enough that she actually wanted to watch this at a cinema, and Mrs Seige hates going to movies at the cinemas.
The screaming goats all the way.

Personally, I loved teh Spider Man movies, the Shang-Chi movie and the MoM movie (which I finally watched yesterday, whic his why I avoided this thread so far).

MoM was much better than Thor Love and Thunder;, imho - Thor 4 was a decent movie, but it had too much .... it felt like it was just made so that Disney can sell plushies to children. I liked it and I watched it my first time in the movies since like5 months (back in August) - but it's not good. It's not as bad as Thor 2, but ... yeah. Amazingly, it was a story about fighting where the fighting was not exciting. Thor 3 had a fight between Thor and Hulk, a fight between Thor and Hella and so many epic moments. Thor 4 didn't really have memorable fights, because Thor is already maxxed out in terms of power.

I loved Loki, I enjoyed Winter Soldier series, I also loved Wandavision.

Phase 4 is a bit all over the place, sure, but it's also just the start. It took us 3 phases to get to endgame. It's normal that they need to re-organise so many things.

Anyway - I guess I'll watch She-Hulk. I won't watch the Moon Knight. I may watch the Eternals, since the wife is away for 3 days this week, so maybe I'll be able to actually watch the movie if I split it across 3 nights.

Personally, I loved teh Spider Man movies, the Shang-Chi movie and the MoM movie (which I finally watched yesterday, whic his why I avoided this thread so far).

MoM was much better than Thor Love and Thunder;, imho - Thor 4 was a decent movie, but it had too much .... it felt like it was just made so that Disney can sell plushies to children. I liked it and I watched it my first time in the movies since like5 months (back in August) - but it's not good. It's not as bad as Thor 2, but ... yeah. Amazingly, it was a story about fighting where the fighting was not exciting. Thor 3 had a fight between Thor and Hulk, a fight between Thor and Hella and so many epic moments. Thor 4 didn't really have memorable fights, because Thor is already maxxed out in terms of power.

I loved Loki, I enjoyed Winter Soldier series, I also loved Wandavision.

Phase 4 is a bit all over the place, sure, but it's also just the start. It took us 3 phases to get to endgame. It's normal that they need to re-organise so many things.

Anyway - I guess I'll watch She-Hulk. I won't watch the Moon Knight. I may watch the Eternals, since the wife is away for 3 days this week, so maybe I'll be able to actually watch the movie if I split it across 3 nights.

Why no Moon Knight?

I thought all the reviews of Moon knight were bad, I do'nt know who we are talking about, I assume that it's completely irrelevant to teh MCU and I just don't see the point given teh total lack of time on my end.

maybe if I was desperate enough, I'd watch? But not sure.

I quite liked it and Oscar Isaac was really good in the role, I don't recall anyone having and issue with it.

Marvel has now become one of those properties where I can't trust "common consensus reviews".

These days, I mostly decide whether or not I should add something to the watch list on whether @Dullblade tells me it's good or not.

I thought all the reviews of Moon knight were bad, I do'nt know who we are talking about, I assume that it's completely irrelevant to teh MCU and I just don't see the point given teh total lack of time on my end.

maybe if I was desperate enough, I'd watch? But not sure.

I thought it was really good fun, with good performances all round.

You are correct that (so far) it doesn't appear to link in with anything else though, but if you like Marvel in general, I'd be surprised if you didn't mostly enjoy it.

Back
Top Bottom