• Site Update Notice - See Details Here: https://thewaterheater.net/forum/threads/3596/
Just finished Ms Marvel...

OMFG. They said that word. And then the mid credits scene. Just... OMFG.

Is it worth watching? It's a hard sell to my dad considering the marketing seems much more kid-centric.

Is it worth watching? It's a hard sell to my dad considering the marketing seems much more kid-centric.

It certainly is aimed at a younger audience, but I didn't find it any less enjoyable for it.

And some of the characters are pure gold.

Just finished Ms Marvel...

OMFG. They said that word. And then the mid credits scene. Just... OMFG.
Did you hear the little musical sting as that word was said?

Considering the bangle is comparable to the Nega-Bands (especially with the after credits scene) we're almost certain to have Blue Marvel introduced in the Marvels but with that little stinger in the scene before the credits, I assume we could also have a cameo/introduction of the original Marvel Girl.

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys, maybe spoiler posts discussing an episode that only went online yesterday?

I don't think any posts have actually said anything spoilery, have they?

Just a lot of allusions to a couple of things that happened after the episode...

But I'll be even more oblique if it helps!

I don't think any posts have actually said anything spoilery, have they?

Just a lot of allusions to a couple of things that happened after the episode...

But I'll be even more oblique if it helps!
It wasn't aimed at you or Prime, you kept it sufficiently discreet not to spoil anything.

But the link to the X-Men theme, although if you click that it's on you if you get spoiled, and the reference to Jean Grey are a bit spoilery.
Perhaps not ruining the end of the series, but kinda ruining the impact of its reveal that Mutants now officially exist on 616.

Last edited:
I haven’t seen the episode yet, so I spoiler-tagged-without-reading anything that looked like it contained proper nouns. Apologies for the lack of nuance on this one.

I mean, yeah you did lack a bit since my post was pretty much pure speculation. It could be "WandaVision might have a reverse House of M to bring mutants into the MCU" wrong but it could be "Infinity War part 1 probably has Thanos kill half the universe with the Infinity Stones to set up part 2" correct. Just using comic knowledge to make educated guesses that might be the direction they're headed for the MCU. Except the stuff I was being looser with is such a deep cut that if you actually knew what I was on about, it is something that was speculated from episode 1 (and actually earlier if you paid attention to the production/watched the trailer).

And who knows? They could change their mind about stuff that seems to be correct already. After all we had the 10 Rings and Mandarin until we found out we didn't. We had mutants in the Maximoff twins until we learned they weren't technically mutants. Hell, we even had Evan Peters as Quicksilver until we found out it was a meta ploy just to make a boner joke.

Here is the link for the above autoembedded media.

"Marvel's Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur" follows 13-year-old super-genius Lunella Lafayette (aka Moon Girl) and her 10-ton T-Rex, Devil Dinosaur, as they protect New York City's Lower East Side from danger. Based on Marvel's hit comic books, the highly-anticipated Disney Branded Television animated series is slated to premiere in 2023 on Disney Channel and Disney+.

Thor 4.

Well that was a fucking horrible film to watch with a teenage boy whose mother died of cancer 3 years ago.

Seriously, what the fuck were they thinking combining Jane slowly dying with haha funny screaming goat with oh wait she's dying again?

Don't get me wrong, the humour was decent on its own, as was Bale's performance as Christopher Eccleston the big bad, but the jumping back and forth to the fairly harrowing hospital scenes was a mental wrench each time.

If it wasn't for Korg's upbeat commentary throughout, I don't think I'd really have enjoyed it, but he did somewhat hold it together (mild irony there).

So yeah. 5/10.

Thor 4.

Well that was a fucking horrible film to watch with a teenage boy whose mother died of cancer 3 years ago.

Seriously, what the fuck were they thinking combining Jane slowly dying with haha funny screaming goat with oh wait she's dying again?

Don't get me wrong, the humour was decent on its own, as was Bale's performance as Christopher Eccleston the big bad, but the jumping back and forth to the fairly harrowing hospital scenes was a mental wrench each time.

If it wasn't for Korg's upbeat commentary throughout, I don't think I'd really have enjoyed it, but he did somewhat hold it together (mild irony there).

So yeah. 5/10.
Even without a direct personal link to cancer, this was the first MCU film that I've completely found disappointing and, for once, I think I'd probably rate it even lower than you did.

I've found a lot of the humour to be forced.

Thor constantly oscillating between a complete idiot and a somewhat developed character was annoying.

King Valkyrie getting completely sidelined was disappointing, and I don't just mean her stepping out of the battle but even before that when Thor showed up and she turned into comic relief instead of a badass/caring leader of New Asgard as she was implied to have been.

On a different note:
Shouldn't Loki be in Valhalla as well? How does this fit with his series now?

Loki spoilers:

So far as Thor knows, Thanos killed Loki. The Loki from the alternate timeline who escaped with the tesseract is the one who is now currently 'outside' the main timeline but still alive.

I think the problem with the new Marvel movies and TV shows is that Disney is now over doing them and running them into the ground, just like they did with the new Star Wars movies and TV shows, and Marvel fans are starting to get sick of them.

I don't think that's the real problem.

The problem I feel is that they are trying to make things both "most watch" and "optional" at the same time with D+ and the viewer has no way of knowing if it's needed to watch it or it can be a "at more own leisure" kind of stuff.

Loki spoilers:

So far as Thor knows, Thanos killed Loki. The Loki from the alternate timeline who escaped with the tesseract is the one who is now currently 'outside' the main timeline but still alive.
Oh yeah. Never mind then, I had a brain fart moment.

1658634900650.png

And phase 5.

Most of it was expecetd except for Daredevil.

And ok, my biggest issue was them doing all this multiverse stuff instead of Dark Avengers and now they hit me with Thunderbolts?

1658646749445.png

Two Avengers movies in the same year?

Last edited:
Last edited:
GIVE ME YOUNG AVENGERS YOU COWARDS

GIVE ME YOUNG AVENGERS YOU COWARDS
I know, with most of the classic Avengers moving on to other things or have died in the last few movies and Disney+ TV series, now would be a good time for Marvel/Disney to make a Yong Avengers movie or TV series.

And phase 5.

Most of it was expecetd except for Daredevil.

And ok, my biggest issue was them doing all this multiverse stuff instead of Dark Avengers and now they hit me with Thunderbolts?
From what I remember, the Thunderbolts came out first in the comics, and then a few years lather they became the Dark Avengers, so maybe in by phase 6 or 7 we might get a Dark Avengers movie or Disney+ TV series.

Here is a clip from the 1978 "The New Fantastic Four" series, the one where they replaced the Human Torch with a Robot because they thought kids would set themselves on fire (yes, that is one of the real reasons they replaced him).

Update: It seems that another reason they could not use The Human Torch was because the television rights to use that character were tied up by a proposed television pilot movie in development by Universal Studios that ended up not being made.

Also, if you think that cartoon was bad, checkout "The Thing" cartoon series they made a year later. :oops:

Last edited:
Yup. A lot of cartoons were downright awful back then. Kids shows in general, really.

So the CGI is still kind of terrible and uncanny but for some reason, I'm really looking forward to She Hulk. No interest before but the trailers just hit me right for some dumb fun.

Back
Top Bottom