• Posting this again since Readout asked about it today - the Train Graveyard is hidden for everyone, including admin, to clean up the front page of this forum. If you want access to see old threads you can be added.

Piestein

Credible sources say people absolutely love me
Reaction Score
Trophy Points
fair, I'll give it a shot.
Maybe I'll watch it in the subway once I'm done with reading the curretn book

Readout

Leader of the Resistance in Government
Administrator
Reaction Score
Trophy Points
Alright, even for me, the She Hulk finale overshot the mark a bit there.

Still enjoyed it, though.

Dace

Supporter of the Robot Revolution
Reaction Score
Trophy Points
I was wondering what you meant by that. I get it now and also agree.

witsd

Reaction Score
Trophy Points
Nah, loved it.

Especially that smash comment.

Dace

Supporter of the Robot Revolution
Reaction Score
Trophy Points
That was pretty baller. Cool to see Scott Lang being a centerpiece instead of fighting smaller one-off villains and being a kind of comic relief plot device.

Player #7

Missing Link Legend
Reaction Score
Trophy Points
I just wonder if the Aliens we saw in the trailer are going to be the Micronauts, or are they going to be called something else since Hasbro owns the rights to that name?

Kris

Deliciously British
Reaction Score
Trophy Points
Finally caught the finale of She-Hulk

I grew up on Blazing Saddles so that massive fourth wall break was incredibly up my alley. I mean, I also grew up on Wayne's World so the normal fourth wall breaks were also absolutely up my alley.

*McKay*

Grand Master
Reaction Score
Trophy Points
I'm always mixing up Kang and Krang.

So when a podcast is talking about Kang I'm picturing Krang for a few seconds.

Seige

One of those days Champion 07/10/2016
Reaction Score
Trophy Points
Watched Morbius last night, it was ok I guess? I think if it had been an actual MCU movie instead of a Sony in associsation with Marvel movie then it would have been more fleshed out in parts I feel it was lacking in, specifically the
whole deal of Milo rocking up with bat powers with no explanation of how/when he got his hands on a vial of bat juice
but I am curious as how they are going to work out the whole
Sinister Six as well as his GF? who is now a Blood Sucker
Like I said it was an ok movie but it could have been better for sure, at least in my opinion.

witsd

Reaction Score
Trophy Points
Just watched the GotG Christmas special. It was pretty simple stuff, but let's face it, I'll happily lap up all the GotG silliness they want to feed me.

Seige

One of those days Champion 07/10/2016
Reaction Score
Trophy Points
I seriously need to sit down and watch Ms. Marvel just so I can be up to date with the current phase, that and Werewolf By Night.

witsd

Reaction Score
Trophy Points
Went to see Black Panther: WF today.

It was... an awful lot of film crammed into a long film. I enjoyed it, mostly, but somehow I felt that Shuri's writing just was a little inconsistent. Acted brilliantly, certainly, but she was just veering from emotional wreck to noble leader to sensible scientist, and her refusal to do any introspection for almost the entire film was pretty grating by the end.

Oh and I'm not sure Ironheart got enough airtime to really sell the character. Again, too much going on in too long a film.

And then there was the battle scenes. Perhaps too much CGI over choreography? I don't know, but they weren't particularly satisfying.

So. Good, but flawed?

meezookeewee

The Troll under your bridge.
Reaction Score
Trophy Points
I agree about the battle scenes. They weren't that great. To me, Wakanda Forever was at its best when it was focusing on the characters. I found the character work to be really good here. Not perfect, but good. A lot better than what I've seen in Phase 4 thus far. The film's handling of Chadwick Boseman's/T'Challa's death was fantastic. It hit me emotionally in a way that I hadn't felt since Tony Stark died.

witsd

Reaction Score
Trophy Points
I've started rewatching Daredevil S1 with the teenager, and having just seen BP: WF the incredible choreography > CGI of Daredevil is really shining through.

Kris

Deliciously British
Reaction Score
Trophy Points
Finally got around to Thor: Love and Thunder, we stopped about 20 minutes in to it. I'll watch it in my own time but I have to admit that the tone as and silliness was above what I can normally stomach.

It was extremely hammy in a way that made it feel like a fan project. I even said "is this a play within a play kind of deal, where nothing is actually happening for real but this is a film that is being made in-universe".

meezookeewee

The Troll under your bridge.
Reaction Score
Trophy Points
Finally got around to Thor: Love and Thunder, we stopped about 20 minutes in to it. I'll watch it in my own time but I have to admit that the tone as and silliness was above what I can normally stomach.

It was extremely hammy in a way that made it feel like a fan project. I even said "is this a play within a play kind of deal, where nothing is actually happening for real but this is a film that is being made in-universe".
They really didn't need to go full-blown silly with Love and Thunder. Thor: Ragnarok was fairly well-balanced in terms of tone. Yeah, it definitely had some goofy moments, but they were legitimately funny. They were also balanced out by some pretty dark and serious situations. Love and Thunder tried way too hard to be a comedy when it didn't need to be.

Flippy

Weird Forum Thing
Reaction Score
Trophy Points
Catching up on Agents of SHIELD, and... well I never really liked the ridiculous amount of film grain effect they kept using, but it definitely holds up even less on modern TVs, and with the equipment they have, especially in later seasons. At this point it's a purely creative decision, and it's an objectively bad one.

Also IF you're gonna try and still align yourself with the core MCU and reference Thanos' attack, it feels weird that well... the snap apparently never happened there. I mean you either try to be MCU adjacent and reference stuff, or you go ahead and do you own thing. You can't have it both ways.

Dullblade

Ascended
Reaction Score
Trophy Points
I didn't go past season 5 (the ending was pretty much golden) but from what I understand Agents was pretty much kept apart by Marvel Studios so the snap caught them by surprise too.

witsd

Reaction Score
Trophy Points
Catching up on Agents of SHIELD, and... well I never really liked the ridiculous amount of film grain effect they kept using, but it definitely holds up even less on modern TVs, and with the equipment they have, especially in later seasons. At this point it's a purely creative decision, and it's an objectively bad one.

Also IF you're gonna try and still align yourself with the core MCU and reference Thanos' attack, it feels weird that well... the snap apparently never happened there. I mean you either try to be MCU adjacent and reference stuff, or you go ahead and do you own thing. You can't have it both ways.

Didn't they
go back in time
to dodge that issue?

Or are my timelines not quite right?

Kris

Deliciously British
Reaction Score
Trophy Points
After having finally seen all of Thor Love and Thunder now, there's nearly a good film in there, but for some reason it's fighting against what feels like the stupidest film of all time. And why did they feel the need to completely undo all of Thor's previous character development?

I get that the emotional hits of the story were very different to the kind of things that the MCU usually does but trying to balance that with the goofiness didn't balance it out, it was more like oil and water.

Anyway, Christian Bale acted the shit out of the role so that was something at least.

Flippy

Weird Forum Thing
Reaction Score
Trophy Points
Didn't they
go back in time
to dodge that issue?

Or are my timelines not quite right?

Nah, during the course of S5 they just return to "today time" and in the last couple episodes of S5 all this hubbub with Talbot's meltdown about having to save Earth is accelerated by news of Thanos' invasion. From that the story plays out, and at the beginning of S6 we're at "1 year later", so unless I didn't miss anything... no.

Tallgeeselll05

Straight outa Sekigahara
Reaction Score
Trophy Points
After having finally seen all of Thor Love and Thunder now, there's nearly a good film in there, but for some reason it's fighting against what feels like the stupidest film of all time. And why did they feel the need to completely undo all of Thor's previous character development?

I get that the emotional hits of the story were very different to the kind of things that the MCU usually does but trying to balance that with the goofiness didn't balance it out, it was more like oil and water.

Anyway, Christian Bale acted the shit out of the role so that was something at least.

Christian Bale, Chris Hemsworth, and Natalie Portman were the only good things about that movie imo.

Top Bottom