• Site Update Notice - See Details Here: https://thewaterheater.net/forum/threads/3596/

-FIH The Police & Their Bullshit

Just one more step towards fascism I guess. Can't wait to see how it's abused.

Ahhh, it's been too many days since we had some bullshit. Let's rectify that with some excessive force and hate.

Jesus fucking christ America. Pulled over for having your lights on full?

Land of the free indeed.

Jesus fucking christ America. Pulled over for having your lights on full?

Land of the free indeed.
Of course. I've said it and SAID it ... the only purpose cops serve is to protect the property of the rich and to generate revenue for their town/county/state in the form of fees, fines, and bail. Oh, and to keep the for-profit prison system continuing to turn a hefty profit.

Not really sure what the alternative is, because it would just turn into the rich have private, armed security and the rest of us are screwed still.

Couldn't find an English news link, so this is all you get.

In August Mouhamed Dramé, a 16 y/o Black kid was shot by the police.

Police claimed that he attacked them with a knife, pepper spray didn't work so they had to gun him down with submachine guns in self defense.

Over weeks and months it turned out bit by bit that of course all of that was bullshit, cops lie.

First of all it came to light that he was behind a fence, so he couldn't even reach any of the cops.

The kid just sat in a corner, distressed, as he was swarmed by cops, got yelled at, then got maced, and within seconds simultaneously tazed and shot. This was in no way self defense, this was a goddamn murder squad.
And because this is what they do, the cops lied their own asses off to paint the picture of the dangerous Black man.

Some wank stain called the police on a young black kid who was spraying neighbourhood trees to kill an invasive moth species. He specifically used the words 'small black woman' and that he was afraid of her.

From the police bodycam i saw, he was just as confused as the girls mother.

Last edited:
Reminds of a guy who was found in his house with his dead girlfriend, clearly confused. He was detained in a cruiser then a cell for 6hrs i think. Turned out he'd been shot in the face. He eventually died because medical aid came too late.

Nah, sorry, I'm not on board with that criticism.

Had the facts been slightly different, the story would have been

"Police release mass killer after he begs to see family.
Despite being covered in blood and in police custody, the suspect escaped by pretending to be scared for his children."

IMO, this is one of those "The police aren't psychic" critiques. Which, you know, duh.

Sure, we can talk about the procedure around this, including that which led to the length, but honestly I'm not sure an hour in custody is really that disproportionate here. It's a mass shooting; I would be terribly surprised if it were possible to find anything close to a perfect response or resolution.

It's also an excellent reason why "The best answer to a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun" (which the tweeter here seems to rather disingenuously frame as simply "using your own agency to help others") is stupid, because it's very difficult to tell the difference and it's very easy for the "good guy" to get shot or arrested instead/as well, whether by the police or by other "good guys".

--edit--

The one about the guy who had been shot in the face seems horrific, but also seems like there's some missing details there. It wouldn't surprise me if it's a story about the police being terrible, but I'd have to see more details to find out what the fuck happened there before saying for sure.

Last edited:
Nah, sorry, I'm not on board with that criticism.
I'm super on board with that criticism. There's an entire club full of witnesses who could verify that this was the man who disarmed the shooter. Instead of asking anyone for basic information they just shut the guy up in a car for an hour.

Fuck the police.
Had the facts been slightly different, the story would have been

"Police release mass killer after he begs to see family.
Despite being covered in blood and in police custody, the suspect escaped by pretending to be scared for his children."
Except the facts weren't "slightly different" and the cops clearly made no effort to find out the truth.

I'm super on board with that criticism. There's an entire club full of witnesses who could verify that this was the man who disarmed the shooter. Instead of asking anyone for basic information they just shut the guy up in a car for an hour.

Fuck the police.

Except the facts weren't "slightly different" and the cops clearly made no effort to find out the truth.

Just sort through and interview a ton of trauma victims sufficiently to get a straight story out of them? While working around emergency medical care? Using eyewitness accounts that are already notoriously awful, even before we add in all the trauma-induced memory problems? In an hour?

Fuck, to do that properly, in that time, with a sufficient level of certainty that you're not accidentally letting a mass murderer free, and while the suspect has nothing more severe than being placed in a squad car? I'd call that a lot of effort to find out the truth.

Last edited:
Just sort through and interview a ton of trauma victims sufficiently to get a straight story out of them? While working around emergency medical care? Using eyewitness accounts that are already notoriously awful, even before we add in all the trauma-induced memory problems? In an hour?

Fuck, to do that properly, in that time, with a sufficient level of certainty that you're not accidentally letting a mass murderer free, and while the suspect has nothing more severe than being placed in a squad car? I'd call that a lot of effort to find out the truth.

"Why are you arresting HIM? He saved us!"

You can't get me to believe that nobody was close enough to them to have said something like that.

The one about the guy who had been shot in the face seems horrific, but also seems like there's some missing details there. It wouldn't surprise me if it's a story about the police being terrible, but I'd have to see more details to find out what the fuck happened there before saying for sure.
Ryan Waller

Here is the link for the above autoembedded media.

"Why are you arresting HIM? He saved us!"

You can't get me to believe that nobody was close enough to them to have said something like that.

Even if the people around were together and coherent enough to say something like that at the moment of arrest and through all of the panic and fear and chaos - "Dude's literally covered in blood and [per even friendly to him sources], pummeling an unconscious dude with a pistol, and screaming at people while 'in combat mode' [his words]. We're just gonna take a bit to check out that he's safe."

Ryan Waller

Here is the link for the above autoembedded media.

Utterly disgusting.

Last edited:
"Dude's literally covered in blood and [per even friendly to him sources], pummeling an unconscious dude with a pistol, and screaming at people while 'in combat mode' [his words]. We're just gonna take a bit to check out that he's safe."

Yeah, because de-escalation is absolutely something cops do, like, ever.

Yeah, because de-escalation is absolutely something cops do, like, ever.

Sometimes they do.

Not often. Not nearly as much as they should. But sometimes.

But the question here isn't "de-escalation vs escalation" and we don't know what they did on that front in this particular case. The question here is "Was it reasonable to lock this guy in a police cruiser for an hour while they made sure that the random dude is safe, when that dude was (a) holding a pistol, (b) covered in blood, (c) potentially still beating an unconscious body, depending on which report you believe, (d) shouting at people in a clearly manic state, and (e) found at a mass shooting with no other context than the above and perhaps some coherent or otherwise words from a room of trauma victims for who he is?"

For me, the answer to that question is "Yes".

Last edited:
killer robots.png

Yes, really.

SAN FRANCISCO (AP) — Police in San Francisco will have the ability to deploy potentially lethal, remote-controlled robots in emergency situations after supervisors of the politically Democratic city granted permission Tuesday in a board vote.

City Supervisor Rafael Mandelman said SFPD will have access to seven robots “designed to neutralize dispose of bombs, and provide video reconnaissance for operators.” None of the robots will have firearms attached, but Mandelman said they could be asked to carry out deadly force in extreme situations.

“Under this policy, SFPD is authorized to use these robots to carry out deadly force in extremely limited situations when risk to loss of life to members of the public or officers is imminent and outweighs any other force option available,” he wrote on Twitter.

Mandelman said he supports the policy, saying there are “reasonable restrictions” on the use of the robots. However, others don’t agree. Supervisor Hillary Ronen said she, Shamann Walton and Dean Preston all voted against arming the robots.

“Beyond disappointed that the Board seems poised to allow SFPD to use weaponized robots to use force against human beings. Only 4 of us clearly against. Shortsighted, dangerous, sad. The spirit of the SF I have always admired is weeping today,” she said.

Police oversight groups urged the 11-member San Francisco Board of Supervisors to reject the idea, saying it would lead to further militarization of a police force already too aggressive with poor and minority communities. They said the parameters under which use would be allowed are too vague.

Archive link because the original Denver Post article is behind a paywall.

Cops were searching for a stolen iPhone that pinged near her home. This is a totally normal response to a stolen iPhone, of course, and never you mind that they terrorized her and destroyed her home. (ETA: They found no iPhone)

Ruby Johnson, 77, has lived in her house for 40 years. After a Denver police SWAT raid, she’s afraid to be home:

Ruby Johnson, 77, is afraid to be alone in the house where she’s lived for 40 years because of Denver police.
Denver police officers dressed in military-style SWAT gear on Jan. 4 descended on Johnson’s Montbello home to serve a search warrant. Johnson, in her bathrobe, opened her door when an officer on a bullhorn told anyone inside to come out. Officers carrying rifles stood on her lawn next to an armored tactical vehicle. One officer held the leash of a German shepherd K9.
Once inside her home, Johnson said, they smashed a door to her garage with a battering ram, broke apart a ceiling panel, broke the head off of a beloved collectible doll and left the house in disarray.
They were looking for a stolen iPhone that had pinged near her home. The iPhone was believed to be inside a stolen truck along with several guns. But police found nothing inside Johnson’s home.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom