• Site Update Notice - See Details Here: https://thewaterheater.net/forum/threads/3596/

Ye Olde Music Shoppe

Here is the link for the above autoembedded media.

This song has long been a part of my main playlist and I had a chance to listen to it again in its entirety (read: I kept my headphones on for another 10 minutes).

It is a prog masterpiece, it takes certain motifs and themes from the FFIX soundtrack and in my opinion masterfully arranges them in a way which elevates the entire soundtrack.

I may be due a replay.

Sitting in a Cure gig, and dear god it's been fucking awful.

I don't think the 'three family deaths in a year' situation has done Fat Bob's morose outlook any favours

Please, his official title is "bloated dead prostitute that washed up in the Thames."

It was such a shame though. Saw them live a couple of years ago and it was fantastic. This time it took until the second encore before they started playing anything popular, and then the sound crapped out. Somehow they turned the bass up to 11 (to the point you couldn't hear keyboards or vocals) and then we got random electrical connection crackles.

The sound technicians should be shot, but the band really ought to have stopped playing.

Even on a much, much smaller scale and knowing family members who worked on sound in true large scale professional settings, as the band you have absolutely no idea how it sounds to the crowd.

Worst case scenario you have no monitors and you hope for the best, a step above that you have a monitor that plays what you ask for (I hate the soundcheck phase and working out what you want the sound tech to play to you), best case professional you have inner ear monitors and it is fine tuned.

All I'm saying is that the sound team did fuck up by the sound of it but the band probably had no idea there was anything wrong.

Even on a much, much smaller scale and knowing family members who worked on sound in true large scale professional settings, as the band you have absolutely no idea how it sounds to the crowd.

Worst case scenario you have no monitors and you hope for the best, a step above that you have a monitor that plays what you ask for (I hate the soundcheck phase and working out what you want the sound tech to play to you), best case professional you have inner ear monitors and it is fine tuned.

All I'm saying is that the sound team did fuck up by the sound of it but the band probably had no idea there was anything wrong.

I dunno, the band were starting to get out of time with each other by the end... Either way, it was fucking disastrous. Almost as disappointing playlist as Radiohead at TRNSMT a few years back, and almost as inept a sound system as The Postal Service a good few years ago. Bastards.

Here is the link for the above autoembedded media.

One of my all time favourite albums, but it's taken the ten years since it was released for me to really be able to stand listening to it very much. It's incredibly bleak anyway, and David Gold died in a car accident before this album, featuring a song about dying in a car accident, among other cheerful examinations of death and dying, was released. The whole thing just feels uncomfortably like listening to a suicide note. But it's such a beautiful, poignant piece of music, it feels like a waste to not listen to it.
(Listen to "Alternate Ending" if, for some reason, you want a taster, but don't want to listen to the whole thing.)

I caught the end of Electric Cowboy's set at Good Things in Queensland and now We've Got The Moves is in my work playlist.

Back
Top Bottom