• Site Update Notice - See Details Here: https://thewaterheater.net/forum/threads/3596/

What Are You Watching?

Remember how everyone thought Cavill was a ridiculous choice for the role and would be absolutely terrible? Sucks that he's leaving, but I'm gonna try not to prejudge his successor too much.

See also: Heath Ledger's Joker or Rob Battinson for example

I've never watched a dubbed film. Seen a few minutes of some shite on German TV once and never again.

[cries]

Way too many people. German society doesn't function without watching Tagesschau, Tatort & Wetten Dass...? at fixed times, along with everyone else I guess

The 2022 Scream is not good. The CGI on young Skeet Ulrich barely looks like him. The killers are predictable. I know Scream was meant to be satire of horror movies but this one just feels so lazy.

Devin Townsend released his new album today and it's a mixed bag. He's done a thing for a few albums now where he releases the main album and on the deluxe edition a secondary disc of more "demo" songs (not that you can tell from the recording quality). For the last few I've found the second disc to be much, much better and this is no exception.

The main album is okay, the first two songs are god awful but after that it gets in to a groove and falls more in the direction of ambient that Dev has been going towards in other projects and it's good. I really dislike those first two songs though, it's like someone keeps pushing him to make these big anthem songs but the lyrics and vibe of them are incredibly milquetoast and cringy.

But then we get to the second disc! I love this! It feels so much more free and happy and willing to do what he wants, it starts of much heavier and complicated and does some fun editing tricks in terms of production but then mellows out in its own way but feels much more natural. It just feels like it's what he actually wants to make and is more fun and relaxed.

The 2022 Scream is not good. The CGI on young Skeet Ulrich barely looks like him. The killers are predictable. I know Scream was meant to be satire of horror movies but this one just feels so lazy.
That's because it IS lazy. The directors spent way too much time imitating Wes Craven's style than doing their own thing. Which is weird because Ready or Not was awesome. Honestly, the only good Scream movie was the original film from 1996.

Last edited:
Last week I was visiting my sister and she said, "this show is made for you" and it 100% is.

It's Um, Actually which is made by Dropout which is the fallout from College Humour and famously makes Dimension 20.

But yes, I know too much about too many nerd franchises.

I'm rewatching Daredevil and on series 2. It's still really good, but I could really do without the whole "everything is always super dark and grey" thing.

When I watched She-Hulk it confirmed to me that he was a good Daredevil.

Watched some pretty interesting movies this weekend: A couple of Ingmar Bergman's films - The Virgin Spring and The Seventh Seal. Then I watched All Quiet on the Western Front on Netflix. That movie...is heavy. It's brutal and emotionally devastating, but absolutely incredible. It should've gone to theaters. Finally, I caught Terrifier 2 on streaming. That movie was batshit insane.

I saw Black Adam last night and...it was a movie. The only things holding that movie together were Dwayne Johnson, Pierce Brosnan, and the guy who played Hawkman. The action was fine, although seeing Dwayne Johnson wield lightening like he was Darth Sidious obliterating fools was awesome. But other than that, it was a very generic superhero movie. The kid in the movie was AWFUL. I've never wanted to someone get vaporized than that kid. Jar Jar Binks was far less irritating.
Seige Jnr is taking me to watch it tonight after work, and by taking me he may or may not drive to and back and he *might* pay for tickets.
Seigette wants me to take her to see Black Panther II later this week as I took her to watch the first one, daddy daughter date kinda deal.

I'm rewatching Daredevil and on series 2. It's still really good, but I could really do without the whole "everything is always super dark and grey" thing.

"Objection, counsel is testifying."

Resumed my "Watch the whole extended MCU" project with my new TV, and once again the discrepancy between the fighting scenes of Iron Fist and DareDevil slapped me right in the face.

I'll never get over that

Started watching American Gods last night as Mrs Seige has a 30 day Trial with Prime Video, have wanted to watch this for a long time but had no access to it ( legally ).

Finally watching Tenet, my main thought is that I want to strangle whoever mixed the sound because the dynamics are all over the place. Super quiet dialogue and then extremely loud action and music, it's annoying as all hell.

Finally watching Tenet, my main thought is that I want to strangle whoever mixed the sound because the dynamics are all over the place. Super quiet dialogue and then extremely loud action and music, it's annoying as all hell.
Now imagine that in a theatre where you don't have any control on the volume.

The sound issues are by Christopher Nolan's design, even though he's completely wrong about it. Anyhoo, I just got back from seeing Black Panther: Wakanda Forever. It's a surprisingly powerful film, emotionally. Great performances and a really good story. The action is typical Marvel CGI nonsense, but at least it's anchored by some really strong characters.

Andor is utterly blowing everything else out of the water recently. Far more powerful stuff than the Mandalorian, and way better than any of the films.

My lovely wife is having a nightly binge of Grey's Anatomy, Call the Midwife, Bridgertons, Virgin River etc etc so I need to redownload disney+ etc onto my ipad so I can actually watch something else.

Bridgerton is the only one on that list that I enjoyed.

Except for that hugely problematic scene in series one, which was just hugely problematic.

I just watched clerks 3 and....I don't really know what to say other than I really enjoyed it and anyone who's been watching these movies their entire life...I would strongly recommend it.

Runaways S2. I am clearly not the target audience. Certainly still not a bad show in and of itself, but things kinda devolved into constantly horny teenagers yelling at each other a lot.

While this might be a realistic depiction of teenagers it's really not what I expect from Superhero TV.

Just going to flag that the final episode of Andor S1 has a short post credits scene.

And also that it remains the best Star Wars that I've ever watched.

Just going to flag that the final episode of Andor S1 has a short post credits scene.

And also that it remains the best Star Wars that I've ever watched.

Idk, I'm an OG fanboy so I disagree with it being the best. Andor, depending on s2; might be the best thing Disney has actually done with Star Wars. Loved Rogue One, but Disney has allowed some questionable decisions and Disney rushed the sequal trilogy by plan.

Absolutely blown House of the Dragon and Lord of the Rings out of the water for me.

I just watched the first Silent Hill movie. The sequel was dogshit, but I really dig the first movie. Visually, it still holds up, despite being CGI-heavy. Very atmospheric and creepy. That might be because I've never actually played the games.

Just recently watched the movie, Fall. Let's just say I won't be climbing any towers any time soon. Especially abandoned ones in the middle of nowhere.

Back
Top Bottom