• Site Update Notice - See Details Here: https://thewaterheater.net/forum/threads/3596/

What Are You Watching?

Can anyone explain this to me?

Is this what it feels like to go insane?

Just finished Halloween Ends. Maybe I need to watch it again, but this movie was incredibly weak for the franchise. Say what you will about Halloween Kills. THAT movie actually delivered on the carnage, almost to an excess. This movie was...weak. Michael Myers was sidelined for much of the movie, in the same way that Laurie Strode was sidelined for most of the last one. I love my slasher movies. I really do, but I just can't recommend this one. At all. I'd rather watch Rob Zombie's Halloween II than watch this again.

AHS: Apocalypse. With a new series coming out in a few days I've been watching the American Horror Stories seasons which are one shot episodes sometimes with connections to other AHS series and staring actors from previous series.

Caught up with Star Wars Andor.

Pretty good, even though I lost all immersion when they chose to hold a secret meeting in the London Barbican Centre, where I used to hang out during school lunchtimes.

Just watched an old Hammer Horror film from 1968: The Lost Continent. I love this movie for how batshit crazy it is, and believe it or not:
spanish-inquisition.gif

I wish I was kidding, but I'm not. You have the Spanish Inquisitors show up in the last 30 minutes of the movie.

Finally started Sandman after finishing Stranger Things. It's gooooood. They've done a really good job translating comic visuals to screen; it's impressive seeing frames and art styling from the comic in motion and it not looking weird.

I saw Black Adam last night and...it was a movie. The only things holding that movie together were Dwayne Johnson, Pierce Brosnan, and the guy who played Hawkman. The action was fine, although seeing Dwayne Johnson wield lightening like he was Darth Sidious obliterating fools was awesome. But other than that, it was a very generic superhero movie. The kid in the movie was AWFUL. I've never wanted to someone get vaporized than that kid. Jar Jar Binks was far less irritating.

I've heard that it is hot garbage.

Yeah, I'm not gonna go to the cinema for that one. Everything I saw of the trailer was screaming generic, and I'd sooner watch Johnson being goofy.

It's kind of a throwback to the action movies of the 90s, in a way. But if I wanted to watch a 90s throwback, I would actually watch an action movie from the 90s. Dwayne Johnson was really good, but he was saddled a very bad screenplay. Black Adam needed a few more re-writes.

Only Murders in the Building is very good but they have an episode with no dialogue because a lot of it is told from the perspective of a deaf person.

It's a great idea, totally understand it but ironically as someone with lifelong hearing problems it set my tinnitus off like nothing else, overwhelming so.

It's a fun idea, which is exactly what the Treehouse of Horror should be.

Jordan Peele's Nope. It's a good movie, but it's not great. If it had been say 10-15 minutes shorter, it would've been outstanding.

Watching Welcome to Wrexham and I wish I could select an option that says "I am from the North West, I don't need subtitles".

I didn't even know it had gotten a 3rd season. I kind of just assumed Netflix canceled it after 2 like everything else.

I didn't even know it had gotten a 3rd season. I kind of just assumed Netflix canceled it after 2 like everything else.
Give it time. When people stop watching the show because Cavill's not there, it'll get the axe. But really, though? Liam Hemsworth. The only one out of that bunch that's talented is Chris. Liam's about as milquetoast as you can get.

I guess this would be the case of Geralt of Rivia vs. Geralt of Great Value brand.

Remember how everyone thought Cavill was a ridiculous choice for the role and would be absolutely terrible? Sucks that he's leaving, but I'm gonna try not to prejudge his successor too much.

Sure, but it is generally pretty wrenching anytime an actor is changed, especially a  lead actor.

All Quiet On The Western Front (2022)

Watching it in German since dubs rarely sound right.

Last edited:
I've never watched a dubbed film. Seen a few minutes of some shite on German TV once and never again.

For me it's that the voices don't match up with the mouth movements or the tone gets lost. It's a little annoyance but something that can irritate me enough to put subtitles on.

And usually it's done poorly so the dubbed audio sounds so out of place.

Also, I find German nice language to listen to.

Last edited:
And when very well known actors sound completely different :grin:

Back
Top Bottom