• Posting this again since Readout asked about it today - the Train Graveyard is hidden for everyone, including admin, to clean up the front page of this forum. If you want access to see old threads you can be added.

What Are You Watching?

meezookeewee

The Troll under your bridge.
Reaction Score
Trophy Points
Just got back from watching The Woman King. This movie is outstanding on nearly every level.

Reaction Score
Trophy Points
Recently started and just tonight caught up with The Boys. I gotta say, it's a damn roller coaster if y'all haven't been keen to give it a shot yet. Incredibly graphic, damn funny at times, and the story seems like it'll be good for at least one more season. There are times you seriously have no idea who is and isn't safe from...well...let's just call it abject fuckery. Really looking forward to season 4 while simultaneously getting the urge to re-watch Invincible.

meezookeewee

Reaction Score
Trophy Points
As a huge fan of the Hellraiser movies(at least the first four), this new trailer looks fantastic:

Prime3k

Presidents are temporary. Wu-Tang is forever.
Reaction Score
Trophy Points
Still watching House of the Dragon. Still wondering when it'll actually get good.

It's just so fucking dull, and a lot of nothing happens. Sticking with it as I watch it with my partner, but I'm not having a good time.

meezookeewee

Reaction Score
Trophy Points
Still watching House of the Dragon. Still wondering when it'll actually get good.

It's just so fucking dull, and a lot of nothing happens. Sticking with it as I watch it with my partner, but I'm not having a good time.
If you're looking for constant action and epic-scale battles, this isn't the show for you. This is a very politically-driven family drama, with lots of intrigue. It's surprisingly nothing like the original show. It's got elements, and is set in the same universe, but it is not the same. I was not going to watch this show because of how badly I was burned by season 8 of Game of Thrones. I'm glad I gave House of the Dragon a shot. It's definitely not going to be for everybody, though, so there's that.

meezookeewee

Reaction Score
Trophy Points
Just finished Episode 5 of Rings of Power. I liked this show from the beginning, but I'm really loving what's happening now. The next 3 episodes are going to be epic.

meezookeewee

Reaction Score
Trophy Points
House of the Dragon is really starting to heat up, figuratively and literally. The next 4 episodes are going to be brutal.

meezookeewee

Reaction Score
Trophy Points
:yuck: :frown:So, I finally watched Blonde last night, the Netflix movie about Marilyn Monroe. I don't think I've ever felt so gross after watching a movie. I love my exploitation movies, but Blonde felt incredibly personal. It's like the film-makers enjoyed dragging the poor woman through the mud decades after she died. It's a brutal and unpleasant movie to watch. I get that it's a fictional retelling of Norma Jean's life, but this thing is incredibly exploitative, despite director Andrew Dominik's intention of exposing Hollywood as exploitative. Ana De Armas was incredible in the lead role, though.

Flippy

Weird Forum Thing
Reaction Score
Trophy Points
Truly curious that they drag this woman through the mud in that fictional retelling, while at the same time there's this fictional retelling of a serial murderer released on Netflix that makes people sympathize with him.

Curious.

So very curious.

Flippy

Weird Forum Thing
Reaction Score
Trophy Points
Dahmer. Both the man and the name of the series.

witsd

Reaction Score
Trophy Points
Because its interesting to see the bad side of people usually held up to be good and if not the good side, at least the motivations of people held to be bad.

It's one of the things that has made the MCU much more enjoyable than DC in recent years - no black and white, just shades of grey.

Tarnagh

Eldest
Reaction Score
Trophy Points
Because its interesting to see the bad side of people usually held up to be good and if not the good side, at least the motivations of people held to be bad.

It's one of the things that has made the MCU much more enjoyable than DC in recent years - no black and white, just shades of grey.
I mean, sure, in fantasy vs. reality.

The reality of Dahmer was that he was criminally insane. You can, I suppose, sympathize with the insanity factor. But romanticizing his actions and the why of it seems repulsive to me.

witsd

Reaction Score
Trophy Points
Just reached the end of S5 of X-Files.

Time to watch the first of the two X-Files films (which I've never actually seen previously).

Readout

Leader of the Resistance in Government
Administrator
Reaction Score
Trophy Points
Finished Stranger Things series 3. Now on to number 4.

Krafty

Actually never smiling
Reaction Score
Trophy Points
Have fun, S4 is so much stronger than the 2 previous seasons.

meezookeewee

Reaction Score
Trophy Points
I recently watched the new Hellraiser movie on Hulu. It's awesome, especially if you're a fan of the franchise. It's not as good as the original two films, but it stands on its own. That said, I also re-watched the original three movies after watching the reboot. Good times.

*McKay*

Grand Master
Reaction Score
Trophy Points
I'm going to start watching House of the Dragon. I've heard good things.

PixelOrange

God Emperor
Administrator
Reaction Score
Trophy Points
Just finished episode 4 and I love She Hulk.

--edit--

This isn't how trademark law works, though.
Had to stop watching this show. I'm currently making my way through Sopranos for the first time and one of the episodes had two major Soprano spoilers.

witsd

Reaction Score
Trophy Points
Had to stop watching this show. I'm currently making my way through Sopranos for the first time and one of the episodes had two major Soprano spoilers.

You got Madisynn-ed? Oh man, I should feel sorry for you, but that is actually quite funny.

More helpfully, I don't think there are any further spoilers of that kind in the episodes after that one.

Readout

Leader of the Resistance in Government
Administrator
Reaction Score
Trophy Points
The fact that Running Up That Hill has become a plot point is genuinely hilarious.

PixelOrange

God Emperor
Administrator
Reaction Score
Trophy Points
You got Madisynn-ed? Oh man, I should feel sorry for you, but that is actually quite funny.

More helpfully, I don't think there are any further spoilers of that kind in the episodes after that one.
I did. And it was funny the first time because I was past that one. I was not past the second one.

Top Bottom