• Posting this again since Readout asked about it today - the Train Graveyard is hidden for everyone, including admin, to clean up the front page of this forum. If you want access to see old threads you can be added.

What Are You Watching?

Prime3k

Presidents are temporary. Wu-Tang is forever.
Reaction Score
Trophy Points
The thread for all things film and TV. Tell us what you're watching!

I went to see Thor: Love and Thunder this morning, and I loved it!

meezookeewee

The Troll under your bridge.
Reaction Score
Trophy Points
I watched the season finale of Star Trek: Strange New Worlds. What a letdown. I was all onboard with this new show, but they couldn't stick the fucking landing. There are some interesting ideas, but it's ultimately infuriating how the season ended.

witsd

Reaction Score
Trophy Points
From memory, most of TNGs finales were somewhat lacking, and I usually had the advantage of watching the next episode almost immediately.

That said, I've not been watching SNW yet.

E.T.

Ascended
Reaction Score
Trophy Points
TNG finales were cliffhangers that resolve in the first episode of the next season, because they wanted to make sure people don't forget it during breaks between seasons.

*McKay*

Grand Master
Reaction Score
Trophy Points
I'm watching the last ep of S3 for Stranger Things to get ready for watching S4.

Tarnagh

Eldest
Reaction Score
Trophy Points
I watched the season finale of Star Trek: Strange New Worlds. What a letdown. I was all onboard with this new show, but they couldn't stick the fucking landing. There are some interesting ideas, but it's ultimately infuriating how the season ended.

The thing I had the hardest time with was the actor playing Kirk. Why does he look like discount bin Jim Carrey?

That said, there are some promising things in this for the series going forward. We know that Kirk has to be on the Enterprise when Pike dies because he has to take command when that happens. The events that happen in the last episode take place six months after the explosion that kills Pike. Spock stated this to Pike in the forward time jump - no one died, the explosion was six months ago. Kirk should have been in command of the Enterprise when they encounter the Romulans, and if he had been the war would not take place. We know that at some point in the intervening seven years, Scotty will come to the Enterprise. We heard his voice when Spock was working on repairing the weapons systems. Scotty's comment to Spock about being "an engineer, not a miracle worker" strongly implies that Dr. McCoy is also on board because that was a running joke with McCoy that could have influenced Scotty's response to Spock in that situation. And we know that Pike had Kirk's file up on screen and was studying it at the end of the episode, strongly implying that Pike was considering getting him on his crew.

We also know that Dr. M'Benga's specialty is genetics because of the disease his daughter had. This implies that he may be instrumental in getting Una freed somehow in a coming season but his research may take him out of the Enterprise to do it which paves the way for Dr. McCoy to come on board.

This episode does a lot of work to set up getting all the Original Series crew onto the Enterprise, and I'm kind of excited for that.

Seriously though, why does Kirk's actor look like Jim Carrey?

*McKay*

Grand Master
Reaction Score
Trophy Points
Jamie Campbell Bower is so gloriously evil in Stranger Things. Just chef kiss.

meezookeewee

Reaction Score
Trophy Points
I saw Thor: Love and Thunder this morning. Well, let's just say that I'm jumping off the MCU train. This entire Phase 4 has been nothing but completely random and bloated. I loved Shang-Chi and Spider-Man: No Way Home, but Eternals, Black Widow, Thor 4, and Doctor Strange 2 are all over the place. Nothing seems to fit, and Marvel hasn't even given us an inkling of where the MCU is headed.

*McKay*

Grand Master
Reaction Score
Trophy Points
Watching some Daniel Sloss stand-up

Wow i was not expecting these emotions

Last edited:

Seige

One of those days Champion 07/10/2016
Reaction Score
Trophy Points
Mrs Seige and I went and watched Thor 4 on Sat night, it was her first MCU movie at the cinemas and we both enjoyed it immensely.
Mrs Seige wants to watch Designated Survivor on Netflix with me, she had started watching it ages ago but got distracted and now has no freaking idea whats going on. I tried watching it with her previously but I was getting left behind as she would binge it during the day while I was at work.

Presea

Ascended
Reaction Score
Trophy Points
I saw Thor: Love and Thunder this morning. Well, let's just say that I'm jumping off the MCU train. This entire Phase 4 has been nothing but completely random and bloated. I loved Shang-Chi and Spider-Man: No Way Home, but Eternals, Black Widow, Thor 4, and Doctor Strange 2 are all over the place. Nothing seems to fit, and Marvel hasn't even given us an inkling of where the MCU is headed.
If you think about how much they are milking it, Phase 4 has double the content hours of the entire infinity saga. I think it was like 26 hours for phases 1-3 over the course of 2008-2019.
Phase 4 being 2021 to 2022 (thus far) is 55 hours.

meezookeewee

Reaction Score
Trophy Points
If you think about how much they are milking it, Phase 4 has double the content hours of the entire infinity saga. I think it was like 26 hours for phases 1-3 over the course of 2008-2019.
Phase 4 being 2021 to 2022 (thus far) is 55 hours.
They're focusing more on expanding the universe than telling worthwhile stories. That's why only a few movies during Phase 4 are really good. Their focus is now on quantity, not quality. Edit: Also, I'm catching up on Star Trek: Picard. I saw the first episode when it first aired, and I wasn't impressed. I'm still not. I'm going to get through it, but I'm not expecting anything.

Last edited:

Dace

Supporter of the Robot Revolution
Reaction Score
Trophy Points
Rewatching Futurama. I've already gone through the series 3 or 4 times but it is fun noticing jokes/references I missed but also slightly annoying since I should've gotten it the first time I watched it. What brought it on was the car in the Malfunctioning Eddie commercial was named the V'Ger.

meezookeewee

Reaction Score
Trophy Points
Just finished the first season of Star Trek: Picard. Overall, I'm not that impressed. There's some really good moments in the show, definitely, but it doesn't feel like Star Trek. I'm going to start on season 2 in a bit, but my expectations are going to be even lower. As someone who grew up watching Star Trek: The Next Generation, Picard is a huge step backwards in terms of quality story-telling and writing.

*McKay*

Grand Master
Reaction Score
Trophy Points
It must be nice not to have a completionist mindset.

Look upon my field of unfinished videogames and tv shows, see that it is barren of fucks to give.

Even if I am playing a videogame I like I don't care about getting all the trophies, finishing the story is enough for me.

However I can get sucked into binging tv-shows. For example the other day I binged all of Stranger Things S4 in one night.

Flippy

Weird Forum Thing
Reaction Score
Trophy Points
Sometimes I keep watching things because I'm curious about how it plays out, but generally I agree, my backlog is WAY big to waste my time on things I don't enjoy.

Even with my achievement/completion hunting on Steam it's mostly games that I like(d), mixed with some small games to purposefully waste time with

witsd

Reaction Score
Trophy Points
What would I waste my time doing something that I don't enjoy?

Because you need to know.

I mostly enjoy STP, but I don't find it compelling. I've watched 2 or 3 episodes of season two, and then I put it down. But it's still there, in the back of my head, like an unfinished to do list. I'll have to finish it eventually otherwise it will stay there, basically forever.

witsd

Reaction Score
Trophy Points
Still looks better than that 90s version.

meezookeewee

Reaction Score
Trophy Points
That, the actual fuck, would be Rob Zombie's adaptation of The Munsters.
You know, I actually like Rob Zombie's movies. I really do. He brings this old-school grind-house aesthetic to his movies that I really like. But The Munsters? How's about....no?

Tarnagh

Eldest
Reaction Score
Trophy Points
You know, I actually like Rob Zombie's movies. I really do. He brings this old-school grind-house aesthetic to his movies that I really like. But The Munsters? How's about....no?
Eh. It could be good. I'm in no rush to see it though.

Readout

Leader of the Resistance in Government
Administrator
Reaction Score
Trophy Points
Boston Legal has not aged well at all.

Seige

One of those days Champion 07/10/2016
Reaction Score
Trophy Points
Revisiting Blacklist on Netflix, when it was on TV years back I can remember most of the 1st season so we have started from the 2nd season onwards.
I do love James Spader in this series.

Top Bottom