• Site Update Notice - See Details Here: https://thewaterheater.net/forum/threads/3596/

Official The European Political Megathread

Good to see that the UK government can still achieve something despite being a complete mess at the moment.

Seems like it'd be stable for a little bit longer, since it's lasted this long already. Still best to get rid of it, for sure.

Finland's PM apparently has a private life, and this is terrible for some reason:

This seems to come up a lot for most leaders in power. Trump / Obama golfing too much, etc. I don't really care, they have weekends and time off too. In the end, their advisors and subordinates do most of the work.
I think there is an expectation they are in the office 24/7/365.

This seems to come up a lot for most leaders in power. Trump / Obama golfing too much, etc. I don't really care, they have weekends and time off too. In the end, their advisors and subordinates do most of the work.
I think there is an expectation they are in the office 24/7/365.

I'd say that some take it a bit too excessively... especially when they PROMISEISWEARFORREAL won't do any golfing at all. Cause they'll be too busy.

No, they deserve time off, and I'd argue they sometimes just have to take it when they can, be it on the weekend or on a Tuesday. There's a lot happening in these sort of office positions, and you do need time to unwind and decompress.

So, uh, apparently someone drew this...

yyybcn6i4ni91.jpg

Left panel: The prime minister (except written with ws in it so it's all lispy and "cutesy") is going to answer the wishes of the people and perform a drug test.

The right panel, I think, is a "cutesy" way of writing "Person who does the test"

Seems like it'd be stable for a little bit longer, since it's lasted this long already. Still best to get rid of it, for sure.

Honestly surprised this made international news because that still happens quite often.

Most of the time these just make local news, maybe national if they have to shut down a major train station or something

I was subject of this kind of evacuation once too. It's more of a nuisance than an actual danger these days.

Honestly surprised this made international news because that still happens quite often.

Most of the time these just make local news, maybe national if they have to shut down a major train station or something

I was subject of this kind of evacuation once too. It's more of a nuisance than an actual danger these days.

Yeah, same in the UK, especially the outskirts of London.

Hey, so in France we got none of that, so I guess it’s all fine and dandy and there won’t be any issues right? Right?

Hey, so in France we got none of that, so I guess it’s all fine and dandy and there won’t be any issues right? Right?

I mean, you have a nationalised energy supplier and a tendency to riot, so you'll probably be fine.

Actually, short update, apparently Macron made a dramatic speech yesterday ("this is the price of liberty" & so on), so there is also that.

In the meantime, the biggest of the 3 governing parties in Germany has been co-opting the slogan "You'll never walk alone", while in fact, leaving the poor very much alone during these crises.

Any bets if she was a he that there'd be no one giving a damn what she did?

Any bets if she was a he that there'd be no one giving a damn what she did?

If it was Boris, he'd have been videoed fucking a blonde woman while drunk and subsequently tested positive for drugs and covid, before arguing that it was really a good thing until everyone got bored and forgot about it.

That's the 8th oligarch with ties to either Lukoil, Gazprom, or Novatek to mysteriously die this year. Eight that I'm aware of at least.

See also: Sergey Protosenya, Vladislav Avayev, Vasily Melnikov, Mikhail Watford, Alexander Tyulyakov, Leonid Shulman, and Alexander Subbotin.

"Why do we even need Pride anymore, the gays already have rights"

Edit:
You can probably imagine how German terfs are commenting on this incident.
They're truly just a fascist bunch.

Last edited:

Another war, which surprisingly doesn't get as much attention.

Don't be fooled by the media outlets' wording of "conflicts", their usual both sides-framing. Azerbaijan is attacking Armenia, and they're apparently attacking civilian areas too.

Last edited:
Yup, saw this last night. I guess Azerbaijan decided that Russia can't ensure peace in the region anymore and decided that Armenia is up for grabs.

Don't know how much the West will react either ,since (1) it's on the other side of the Black Sea and (2) Azerbaijan is an alternative provider of gas.

Back
Top Bottom