• Site Update Notice - See Details Here: https://thewaterheater.net/forum/threads/3596/

Official UK Political Megathread

Elected to lead the country on the say-so of just a couple hundred people.

What a sneaky Sunak.

Look, I'm less upset about this than the Tory membership vote. At least this time the people who voted for him were themselves democratically elected, so there's a transitive democratic legitimacy.

Rishi Sunak: “I mean, at least he won’t instantly trash the economy. But beyond that? Eeew.”
I can't* believe we got rid of Braverman for six whole days. Ugh. Especially as she ostensibly resigned over breaching the Ministerial code, and has apparently been forgiven for that incredibly quickly.

I'm glad Thérèse "antibiotics for everyone!" Coffey isn't health sec, but I'm sure she can do just as much damage as environment sec.

*can

Terrorist attack at a "migrant centre". Naturally the media is now full of "well, if we stopped all these migrants coming this wouldn't have happened" takes. Fucking hell.

Guys guys, it's not terrorism okay? The policeman said so.

I mean, I'm not sure how they got the information that the person who went on to kill themselves before being apprehended didn't have any political motivations, but there we are. They wouldn't say so if they weren't sure for some reason, would they.

In unrelated thoughts: I bet it was a white dude.

In unrelated thoughts: I bet it was a white dude.
I wouldn't take that bet.

If it were someone of any other skin tone, we'd have already heard about it in the usual way media portrays them.

Holy shit am I tired of this nonsense.

I saw that this morning and assumed it was a headline from a satirical site.

Stranger than fiction indeed.

...and now it's not terrorism again, despite him being known for posting anti-Muslim content on social media.

Ridiculousness.

If everyone who posted anti-muslim sentiments on Facebook was a terrorist the Conservative party wouldn't have anyone to vote for them.

Last edited:
Probably worth re-posting the fact that I used to like Stephen Fry... until I listened to his autobiography and realised what a tosser he actually is. Doubly so if since that was the portrayal of himself that he actively chose to publish.

So this is unsurprising to me.

Back
Top Bottom