• Site Update Notice - See Details Here: https://thewaterheater.net/forum/threads/3596/

Anime/Manga Thread 2.0 - You can (not) shower

Sorry to post the first sad news here in this new Anime/Manga Thread, but Kazuki Takahashi (The Maker of Yu-Gi-Oh!) has passed away. :frown:

Well someone already thought of the perfect type of gravestone for them.

1657203612697.png

Here's what I was afraid of with Crunchyroll absorbing Funimation, the lack of options is now a problem.

So CR hasn't picked up Made in Abyss or DanMachi, they have instead gone to HiDive, which is you remember from the previous iteration is a service that annoys the shit out of me because they don't have any way to stream on Playstation.

WHAT IS THE POINT THEN.

Last edited:
Here's what I was afraid of with Crunchyroll absorbing Funimation, the lack of options is now a problem.

So CR hasn't picked up Made in Abyss or DanMachi, they have instead gone to HiDive, which is you remember from the previous iteration is a service that annoys the shit out of me because they don't have any way to stream on Playstation.

WHAT IS THE POINT THEN.
I know, I think you can still find some Funimation stuff on Hulu (but only if it has aired on Cartoon Network's Adult Swim line up) and Netflix, but how long they will stay up is anyone's guess. :-(

I still have Funimation in AU. Has everyone else lost it?

Funimation is still available but there's no point in having it, if you were to watch it it would have every episode say "hey why not watch on CR?".

Because some titles are still only available on Funimation compared to CR, especially for those like me who refuse to pay for premium.
In unrelated news I finished watching Horimya the other day, working on other titles that CR only have on Premium.

So Dr Stone: Ryuusui is a great hour long episode setting up for season 3 and it was very good. Great character is introduced, more magnificent science, and the OP is a new version of season 1's opener called Good Morning [New] World.

Luminous Witches has been quite bland. I mean, it hasn't been bad but everything about the production has been dull and lifeless. The series got postponed for at least half a year and this is all that could be mustered? Especially noticeable because it is Shaft although it could be because...

RWBY has been pretty awesome. Only has done a retelling of the White and Black Trailers and the first few episodes but they really did well with the action. Like, damn.

Last edited:
Lycoris Recoil is enjoyable so far, the animation is top notch and the action is good. The characters are likeable and I'm intruiged to see where it goes.

The curious thing is how the world justifies the entire premise.

The first couple of episodes of Rent-a-Girlfriend were as trashy as expected. Love it.

I was putting off RWBY but after seeing what you just linked Dace, oh wow.

It looks like some fans are trying to dub the 1986 Super Mario Bros. Anime movie.

It’s been ten years since we first wrote about The Great Mission to Save Princess Peach!, a 1986 film—released only in Japanese—that was the first time a movie had ever been made about a Nintendo character. So it’s cool to be able to report in 2022 that efforts are once again underway to dub the film for an English-speaking audience.

Here is the link for the above autoembedded media.

I just hope that Nintendo does not kill this project like they have done with so many fan back projects in the past.

The next chapter of Chihayafuru is out but I'm at a festival and it isn't loading and I might actually fucking die.

It's the climax! Why! Why is this happening!

OH MAN.

OH. MAN.

It's three in the morning, I'm in a tent and crying.

Incredible.

I watched Bastard!

It was ok, started off slow but got better. I
was disappointed with it turning into a perverted ecchi. I never read the source or watched the original, so I thought it'd be a much more serious anime.

So, are their any fans of the fighting game series Tekken here? If so, then you might want to checkout this Netflix trailer for the upcoming Tekken: Bloodline anime series.

"Power is everything." Jin Kazama learned the family self-defense arts, Kazama-Style Traditional Martial Arts, from his mother at an early age. Even so, he was powerless when a monstrous evil suddenly appeared, destroying everything dear to him, changing his life forever. Angry at himself for being unable to stop it, Jin vowed revenge and sought absolute power to exact it. His quest will lead to the ultimate battle on a global stage — The King of Iron Fist Tournament.

Tekken: Bloodline- Coming August 18

Continuing my drip-drab watching of Chihayafuru, we've now met Oe Kanade.

Except when she gets called Kana-chan, it is pronounced in exactly the same way as the Finnish word kana, which means chicken.

Chicken-chan.

Finally got around to watching Parallel World Pharmacy, I knew what it would be like since I read the manga but I'm glad to see that it's well made.

Anyway it's fun, a world class pharmaceutical researcher dies and gets isekai'd and invents medicine in a fantasy world.

He is kinda annoying at the best of times but when he fights he is kinda cool.

So... One Punch Man is insane. Not sure I like the most recent solution but I can't hate it considering how it got to that point. The art is just amazing too especially the way they add color panels in just elevates it.

Meanwhile, Ruri Dragon is still super cute and I liked her mom being a bit of a gamer and them doing co-op Mario. Super sweet.

@Kris Will every single match forever begin with Chihaya having a performance-anxiety attack, or does that eventually go away?

Nah she does grow a lot as a character and becomes a badass.

Finally got around to watching the Shaft RWBY, as expected the action animation quality is through the roof.

But there's something about the character designs that doesn't translate well in my opinion. I can't put my finger on it though, something about them doesn't meld with everything, maybe it's more like the character designer for the project wasn't feeling the originals.

It's not that they've changed, more like they've stuck to closely too the original and its clashing.

Last edited:
Still annoyed about HiDive taking shows if they aren't available on all platforms. I'm happy to pay for the subscription but if my only option is to watch on my PC then I'm not going to watch them.

I like watching anime on my big TV, being sat at a computer is too distracting.

As it is, my only option is to get a chromecast but the thought of having to spend £30 extra just to be able to access the service pissed me off.

A couple of days ago at work, during a table football break, we started wondering if there's a table football based manga or anime.

My Google-fu didn't turn up any results but I find that hard to believe.
So are any of you aware of any such manga/anime?

Edit: autocorrect changed wondering into warning.

Last edited:
Ya know, think Mother's Basement may not like the MC of Rent a Girlfriend

It's because he absolutely sucks in every way possible. The anime actually pulls a feat in making him worse.

A couple of days ago at work, during a table football break, we started warning if there's a table football based manga or anime.

My Google-fu didn't turn up any results but I find that hard to believe.
So are any of you aware of any such manga/anime?

I'm pretty well read but I can't say I am aware of it.

Back
Top Bottom